BF4 Community Test Environment - beta test Final Stand

Postby [SOFW]VaderOnIce » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:45 am

Not sure how many of you are aware that there's a community test environment for BF4.

It installs a whole other install of BF4 but you can access the community test servers with it. Right now this is especially cool because they're offering the Final Stand maps for testing until potentially Tuesday.

If you're interested, just go to: http://cte.battlelog.com/ and sign up.

It will require the hard drive space for a second install of BF4. That's kinda the only downside. But all the weapons and attachments are wide open to be used. Even all the skins are there.
Interested in applying to SOFW? Application Info HERE. Or PM a Clan Leader.
[SOFW]VaderOnIce
SOFW Site Admin

Re: BF4 Community Test Environment - beta test Final Stand

Postby [SOFW]GUNDY » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:10 pm

I didn't know. Bastages.
[SOFW]GUNDY
SOFW Clan Leader

Postby [SOFW]VaderOnIce » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:27 am

The new maps are pretty tight. If you ever played bf2142, you can see where they start to build the mechs and there's early versions of the hover tanks in the game that you can actually drive. They handle like shit but they sound fucking awesome. And there's a level where you can see the first titan being built. At first, I was like, wtf is a submarine doing being built in a mountain and then I realized oh shit it's one of those titans.

There's a rail gun in the game now, as one of those guns you can find around the map. It sucks when you get killed by it. One shot kill and the sound is crazy.
[SOFW]VaderOnIce
SOFW Site Admin

Postby [SOFW]ElectricNacho » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:00 am

Wonder if they are looking at turning into a storyline, leading into a remake of a 2142-like environment.
[SOFW]ElectricNacho
SOFW Clan Leader

Postby [SOFW]VaderOnIce » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:17 pm

I don't know if it'll be a story like in a single player game kind of way, but just doing it on a multiplayer map, they're telling a story, in a way. I don't know what it means, though. Because the maps are all very wintry, and there's russian markings in places, so maybe it means the Russians were at it and then the americans discover it? Or maybe the mission is to go and blow up the stuff so they don't get ahead in the technology race? You can make it what you want, right? I kinda dig that.
[SOFW]VaderOnIce
SOFW Site Admin

Return to General Chat (Public)